Boeing Live Event Coverage
PHOTO: The Paris Air Show is also an arms bazaar
Posted by Dominic Gates
A display showing the Aster 30 vertically-launched surface-to-air missile (in a nice shade of white), used as a hit-to-kill interceptor to bring down incoming missiles. To the left, in military green, is the vertical launch module.
At the rear, on the left, that rectangular thing is a fast-spinning radar antenna.
The system is made by Thales/MBDA. The latter is a subsidiary of EADS, the Airbus parent company that is also Europe's biggest defense contractor.
Jul 13 - 6:30 AM Good-bye from the 2012 Farnborough Air Show
Jul 12 - 5:47 PM Boeing, Airbus see sunny side of modest Air Show order tally
Jul 12 - 11:59 AM Big United order allows Boeing to claim a successful Air Show week
- Boeing employment data
- Boeing financial reports
- Boeing orders and deliveries database
- Airbus orders and deliveries database
- European Aeronautics Defense and Space Company
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance
- State aerospace companies: 2006 wage and job data
- Flightaware live flight tracking
- Flight International airplane cutaway graphics
- Live Air Traffic Control audio feeds
- Paine Field Everett daily photo record
- Renton & Boeing Field photos