The Seattle Times Company

NWjobs | NWautos | NWhomes | NWsource | Free Classifieds |

Business / Technology

Our network sites | Advanced

Originally published February 22, 2010 at 8:16 PM | Page modified March 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Comments (0)     E-mail E-mail article      Print Print      Share Share

IRS offers help on Saturdays in Seattle

The Seattle office of the Internal Revenue Service (915 Second Ave., 32nd floor) will be open on Saturdays through April 10 (except April 3) from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., to help taxpayers dealing with difficult economic times.

IRS employees at the Tax Assistance Center will answer questions on such new allowances as tax-free unemployment-compensation benefits. Free tax preparation for individuals who earn $49,000 or less will be available.

Here is the list of documents you need to bring:

You must bring the following (if applicable) in order to have your federal tax return prepared:

A valid, government-issued (not expired) photo identification for you and your spouse.

You and your spouse's name, address and phone number.

Copies of Form W-2, Form 1098, Form 1099 and the amount of any other income received by you and your spouse.

One of the following for you, your spouse and any other persons listed on your tax return:

1. Social Security number card or letter.*

2. Adoption Taxpayer identification number (ATIN) card or letter.*

3. Individual Taxpayer identification number card or letter.*

(*You must have been issued an ITIN by IRS to quality for e-file.)


Official Social Security Administration or IRS ITIN assignment letters are acceptable.

The date of birth for your, your spouse and your dependents.

If claiming the Child/Dependent Care Credit, the care provider's address and Tax Identification Number (TIN).

Form 8332, release of claim to exemption for child of divorced or separated.

Parents, or copy of divorce decree if you are the non-custodial parent claiming a child as a dependent.

Proof of account number and routing number of the financial institution for a direct debit or a direct deposit of an anticipated refund into your checking and/or savings account.

For more information, call the IRS telephone assistance for individuals at 800-829-1040.

E-mail E-mail article      Print Print      Share Share

More Business & Technology

UPDATE - 09:46 AM
Exxon Mobil wins ruling in Alaska oil spill case

UPDATE - 09:32 AM
Bank stocks push indexes higher; oil prices dip

UPDATE - 08:04 AM
Ford CEO Mulally gets $56.5M in stock award

UPDATE - 07:54 AM
Underwater mortgages rise as home prices fall

NEW - 09:43 AM
Warner Bros. to offer movie rentals on Facebook

More Business & Technology headlines...

No comments have been posted to this article.

Get home delivery today!



AP Video

Entertainment | Top Video | World | Offbeat Video | Sci-Tech