Considering a home business? Here's help
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Has the time come for you to become your own boss?
Well, starting a home-based business may be the answer.
Several websites serve up a wealth of information about home-based businesses, from different types of businesses to tax considerations and avoiding work-at-home schemes. If you'd like to find out about starting a home-based business, here are a few places to start:
• Better Business Bureau: Spotlights work-at-home scams and how to avoid them. bbb.org/us/article/work-at-home-schemes-408
• Home Biz Tools: Provides an array of articles on home-business types and possibilities. homebiztools.com/ideas.htm
• Home Business Magazine: Offers articles that spotlight developing a home-based business. homebusinessmag.com/businesses
• Internal Revenue Service: Contains information on tax issues related to a home-based business. irs.gov/businesses/small/index.html
• Small Business Administration: Features insights on starting, managing and marketing a home business, and more. sba.gov/content/home-based-business
Dig into local Gardening