"American Idol" news roundup for Tuesday, May 26
Posted by Bob Payne
So you thought the "American Idol" news would end with the finale, right? Wrong!
We've got a few more days of loose ends to wrap up before we close this puppy down for a while.
Here are a few juicy items that have surfaced since Friday:
• Adam Lambert was on the "CBS Morning Show" this morning. Here's a clip of him performing "Mad World."
• Kris Allen has just appeared on the "Ellen" show this morning, where he performed "Heartless." (I apologize if these Youtube clips get pulled soon because of copyright issues.)
• Apparently a dueling pianos segment featuring finalists Matt Giraud and Scott MacIntyre was pulled from the finale at the last minute. There had been claims that Billy Joel was to appear with them, but Joel's spokesperson says the Piano Man was not invited to "Idol."
• Lambert said on "Larry King Live" on Monday night that Queen had invited him to sing with them. Brian May of Queen told Rolling Stone: "Amongst all that furor, there wasn't really a quiet moment to talk," May says. "But [drummer Roger Taylor] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him at some point."
• Season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken has apologized to Lambert for saying that listening to his music caused his ears to bleed.
Copyright © 2009 The Seattle Times Company