Woodinville drops No. 4 Issaquah girls, 54-47 | Prep Basketball Roundup
Woodinville handed Issaquah its first KingCo 4A girls basketball defeat, 54-47, as Amanda Frost's 17 points led four Falcons in double figures.
WOODINVILLE — Amanda Frost's 17 points led four Woodinville scorers in double figures as the Falcons handed No. 4 Issaquah its first KingCo 4A girls basketball defeat, 54-47 Wednesday night.
Seventh-ranked Woodinville (14-1, 10-1), the Crown Division leader, also got 13 points from Ali Forde, 12 from Sarah Hale and 10 from Melissa Gilkey.
Maddey Pflaumer had a team-high 17 points for Issaquah (13-2, 10-1), which fell into a tie with Newport for the Crest Division lead. The Eagles' only other loss this season was to White River, the state's fifth-ranked 3A team, on Dec. 30.
Other girls highlights
• Garfield beat Lake Washington 59-40 in KingCo 4A behind Alyse Harris' 22 points. She hit three consecutive three-pointers in a big second half.
• Corinne Burke scored 23 and Brooke Pahukoa 16 as Lake Stevens surprised WesCo North-leading Marysville-Pilchuck (12-4, 10-2) 62-53.
• Ginny Wilson's baseline drive for a layup with seven seconds left in overtime gave Arlington a 68-67 upset of Monroe, as the Bearcats failed to take advantage of Marysville-Pilchuck's loss to Lake Stevens in the WesCo North. A victory would have given Monroe a share of the division lead. Wilson got 16 of her 22 points after halftime. Six-foot sophomore Kaiti Ferro had 10 rebounds and a big block in overtime for the Eagles. Suzanna Ohlsen scored 28 for the Bearcats.
• Angela Woods had 21 points, seven assists and five rebounds as WesCo South-leading Edmonds-Woodway (13-1, 12-1), ranked ninth in Class 4A, beat Meadowdale 73-54. Ashley Albertson added 15 points and 10 rebounds and Sydney Donaldson had 16 points and nine rebounds for the Warriors.
• Hannah Freitas hit a pair of three-pointers in the final 1:30 as Glacier Peak topped Mountlake Terrace in the WesCo South.
• Erika Johnson (20) and Claire Conricode (18) combined for 38 points as Holy Names (14-2, 12-0), ranked No. 1 in Class 3A, overwhelmed No. 10 Seattle Prep 77-47 in the Metro Mountain Division. Brittany McMillan scored 20 and Kari Luttinen 18 for Seattle Prep (10-5, 9-3).
• Fourth-ranked Mercer Island (12-3, 7-0 KingCo 3A/2A) raced past Juanita 82-59, with Hannah Lilly getting 16 of her 18 points in the second half. She also had six rebounds, six steals and four assists.
• Mount Rainier (12-4, 9-3) overcame a huge double-double by 6-8 Foster senior Darius Page to beat the Bulldogs 57-52 in a battle of top Seamount League teams. Page had 25 points on 10-of-17 shooting and grabbed 19 rebounds.