Luke Hamlin pours in 43 for Snohomish boys | Tuesday basketball highlights
Snohomish guard Luke Hamlin scored a season-high 43 points, helping the fifth-ranked Panthers get past Monroe 72-67 in a WesCo boys basketball.
SNOHOMISH — Snohomish guard Luke Hamlin scored a season-high 43 points, helping the fifth-ranked Panthers get past Monroe 72-67 in a WesCo boys basketball game Tuesday night.
Hamlin, a senior, hit six three-pointers and had 11 rebounds for Snohomish (13-2 overall, 9-1 league), which leads the North Division.
He topped his previous season high of 36 points in a December win over Arlington. It was Hamlin's fourth game this season with 30 or more points.
Other boys highlights
• Robbie Jackson tied his season high with 23 points, helping Woodinville snap a three-game losing streak and knock off sixth-ranked Garfield 60-58 in KingCo 4A.
• No. 10 Bothell edged Roosevelt 63-62 in overtime as Perrion Callandret scored 21, Zach LaVine 19 and Kellen Webster 17 for the Cougars. A.J. Edwards had 20 and Joe Knight 19 for the Roughriders in the KingCo 4A game.
• Newport got 27 points from Isaac Dotson and 23 from Jake Fink in an 85-67 KingCo 4A win over Eastlake. Brandon Lester scored 27 for the Wolves.
• Brayon Blake had 26 points, Deonte Anderson 24 and D'Londo Tucker 17, leading Federal Way to a 74-70 double-overtime SPSL South win against Spanaway Lake.
• Jefferson edged Mount Rainier 69-57 in overtime in an SPSL North game as Jacob Thoreson had 21 points and 12 rebounds for the Rams.
• Sam Brown had a season-high 26 points and Jason Todd scored 19 as Jackson beat Kamiak 72-57 in the WesCo South despite Nicholas Kussman's 25 for the Knights.
• Top-ranked Rainier Beach pulled away from Nathan Hale in the fourth quarter for a 78-67 Metro win. Anrio Adams scored 24 and Marquis Davis 19 for the Vikings, who led by only two going into the final period. Gadisa Margarsa had 23 for Hale.
• Seattle Prep, ranked third in Class 3A, beat Lakeside 66-56 in a Metro game as D.J. Fenner scored 25 and Mitch Brewe 19 for the Panthers.
• Fourth-ranked Mountlake Terrace (15-0, 11-0 WesCo 3A) stayed perfect as Blake Fernandez (18 points) and Coby Russell (16) led four Hawks in double digits in a 71-55 win over Glacier Peak. Terrace led by 25 going into the fourth quarter.
• Anddrew Hawkins (28) Cody Russell (22) combined for 50 points in sixth-ranked Franklin's 90-53 Metro League win over visiting Bainbridge.
• Mitch Penner matched his season high with 30 points in No. 8 Kennedy Catholic's 66-52 Seamount League win at Foster. He lifted his season average to 23.4.
• Lake Washington tuned up for a Friday showdown with league-leading Bellevue by beating Sammamish 79-63 in KingCo 3A/2A. Guy Lynott and Matt Staudacher each scored 22 for the Kangs, ranked ninth in 3A.
• Zach Banner, one of the nation's top football recruits, had 20 points to lead No. 10 Lakes past Auburn Mountainview 55-41 in an SPSL 3A game. The 6-foot-9 Banner, an offensive tackle in football, will choose from USC, Oklahoma and Washington when he announces his college choice on Monday.
• King's (15-2, 11-0), ranked sixth in the state in Class 1A, remained unbeaten in the Cascade Conference with a 53-51 win over Archbishop Murphy.
• Mount Rainier, ranked second in Class 4A, crushed Jefferson 61-21 in an SPSL North game to remain unbeaten. Kiana Gandy's season-high 25 points led the Rams (15-0, 11-0).
• Seventh-ranked Jackson trailed 20-18 after one quarter before storming past Kamiak 58-37 in a WesCo South game. Sierra Anderson had 15 points, Kelli Kingma 14 and Hayley Gjertsen 13 for the Timberwolves.
• No. 9 Emerald Ridge took care of Rogers 53-41 in the SPSL South as Taylor Buie tossed in 34 points. Buie's season high is 46. She averages 26.0.
• Mekenzie Voellger's 20 points, 13 rebounds, three steals and two blocks led Bonney Lake past Decatur 51-41 in SPSL 3A.
• Kennedy Hobert had 26 points and 13 rebounds in White River's 61-57 SPSL 2A loss to Eatonville.