Glacier Peak wins in 2 OTs | Friday's Boys Basketball Highlights
Zach Pederson scored a school-record 33 points as Glacier Peak outlasted Shorewood 72-69 in double overtime.
SNOHOMISH — Zach Pederson scored a school-record 33 points as Glacier Peak outlasted Shorewood 72-69 in double overtime in a WesCo 3A boys basketball game Friday night.
Pederson, a junior post player who has scored in double figures in every game, topped his season high — and previous school record — by one point. He averages 21.2. Pederson also had 12 rebounds and seven steals.
The Grizzlies (13-5 overall, 10-4 league) led by six at halftime, then survived a bad third quarter to rally and send the game to overtime.
Josh Hawkinson, a 6-foot-9 junior, matched his season high with 24 points for the Thunderbirds (12-4, 9-3).
Class 4A highlights
• Will Parker's 18 points helped No. 3 Skyline hold off Newport, 57-51, in KingCo 4A. Isaac Dotson scored 19 for the Knights.
• Marysville-Pilchuck took 13-point lead into the fourth quarter and held on for a 57-53 WesCo North upset of fifth-ranked Snohomish. It was the second consecutive defeat for the Panthers, who lost 70-67 to Edmonds-Woodway Wednesday. Phillip DeSanctis had 15 points and Calvin White 14 for M-P. Luke Hamlin scored 27 for the Panthers.
• Anrio Adams had 22 points and top-ranked Rainier Beach (16-1, 12-0 Metro Sound) pulled away in the fourth quarter at Bainbridge for a 66-48 win over the Spartans. Chris Bell scored 23 for Bainbridge.
• No. 3 Seattle Prep (15-2, 12-1) cruised past Nathan Hale 67-45 to stay atop the Metro Mountain Division. D.J. Fenner's 17 points led the Panthers.
• No. 4 Mountlake Terrace (16-0, 12-0) stayed perfect with a 54-27 WesCo 3A victory at Oak Harbor. The Hawks led 19-2 after one quarter. Greg Bowman's 14 points led Terrace.
• Twelve players scored, led by Mitch Penner's 15 points, as No. 6 Kennedy Catholic routed Highline 73-35 in the Seamount League.
• Jace Chacon of Everett piled up 25 points, 10 rebounds, seven assists and six steals in the Seagulls' 82-57 WesCo 3A romp over Marysville Getchell.
• Billy Kiel's 16 points led three double-digit scorers for No. 9 White River in the Hornets' 67-57 SPSL 2A win at Franklin Pierce. White River led by 11 at halftime.
• Christian Taylor (17) and James McCutchen (13) combined for 30 points as fifth-ranked King's of Shoreline beat South Whidbey 48-32 in the Cascade Conference.
• Luke Blankenbeckler had 19 points and Lucas Fernandez 15 to help second-ranked Bear Creek of Redmond breeze to a 66-23 win at Tacoma Baptist. The Grizzlies (14-2) have lost only to 4A Inglemoor and 3A Nathan Hale.