Player of the game Washington running back Chris Polk pounded Nebraska for 177 yards on 34 carries. Play of the game Washington quarterback...
Player of the game
Washington running back Chris Polk pounded Nebraska for 177 yards on 34 carries.
Play of the game
Washington quarterback Jake Locker plowed through two defenders on his way to a 25-yard touchdown with 13:18 left in the third quarter and a 17-7 lead.
Washington, which led 10-7 at the break, started the second half with a 53-yard drive that covered four plays and 1:42 and was capped by Locker's TD.
• Washington rushed for 102 yards in the first half, with Polk gaining 86. Nebraska had just 48 rushing yards at halftime.
• Washington held Nebraska to 189 total yards, just 87 in the second half.
• In September, Nebraska had three rushers with more than 100 yards. In this game, no Cornhusker went for more than 40.
"I'm embarrassed. I obviously didn't get them ready to play. I thought we were ready to play. I liked our plan. We didn't execute very well. Obviously we didn't play our best football. It starts with me." — Nebraska coach Bo Pelini
• Washington and Nebraska will play a rubber match next Sept. 17 in Lincoln. Afterward, Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian was asked if he had a thought on that game. "You're way off, man," he said. "I'm just enjoying this one, trust me."
• Ryan Tolar, who had been slowed by a knee injury in recent practices, started at left guard.
• Safety Taz Stevenson wore No. 4, at least the fifth different number he has worn this season. He has had to switch to avoid double numbers on special teams. No. 4 was available with Chris Izbicki's departure and an injury to Vonzell McDowell.
By the numbers
177 Not only was that Polk's rushing total, it was the difference in the rushing total between UW and Nebraska.
102 Penalty yards on 12 fouls for Nebraska, more than the Cornhuskers had rushing (91) or passing (98).
12 Tackles for Washington's Mason Foster — seven more than any other Huskies defender.
11 Tackles for loss by the Washington defense. Foster, Victor Aiyewa and Hau'oli Jamora had three apiece.
0 Fumbles, interceptions or sacks yielded by UW.
|Sept. 4||BYU 23, UW 17|
|Sept. 11||UW 41, Syracuse 20|
|Sept. 18||Nebraska 56, UW 21|
|Oct. 2||UW 32, USC 31|
|Oct. 9||Arizona St. 24, UW 14|
|Oct. 16||UW 35, OSU 34 (2OT)|
|Oct. 23||Arizona 44, UW 14|
|Oct. 30||Stanford 41, UW 0|
|Nov. 6||Oregon 53, UW 16|
|Nov. 18||UW 24, UCLA 7|
|Nov. 27||UW 16, Cal 13|
|Dec. 4||UW 35, WSU 28|
|Dec. 30||UW 19, Nebraska 7|