'American Idol' news roundup for Tuesday, April 27
Posted by Nina Pardo
Here's a quick roundup of "Idol" news and tidbits online today.
• Everyone is talking about the Top 6 taking on Shania Twain songs tonight. Any chance the guys will be at a disadvantage singing her songs? And who will tackle "Man, I feel like a woman." Casey James, Michael Lynche? Just kidding.
• Will Shania Twain dish out some tough love as mentor tonight? I'm betting she'll be better than most we've had so far. Check out these 13 most awkward mentor moments.
• According to one source, this competition is Crystal Bowersox's to lose. Just two weeks after news broke that the homesick mom was considering quitting the show, Bowersox has upped her game and will likely do well again tonight singing a Shania Twain song. What would you like to hear her sing?
• EW says there's more to Tim Urban than "lustrous locks and a goofy grin." Something tells me that we might see more of Tim and his sunny disposition, perhaps on a soap opera or in a tooth paste commercial sometime soon. Love him or hate, you have to admit that the 20-year-old Texan redeemed himself with some nice performances this season. Here's a final photo gallery and interview for Tim fans out there.
• The New York Post is reporting that "Idol" judge Simon Cowell is now worth more than $250 million dollars. Wow.
Please check back here this afternoon at 5:00 p.m. Pacific (8:00 p.m. Eastern) for live-blogging of tonight's show. Who will shine tonight and who will bomb? Leave your thoughts below.