Seafair Highlights: Hollywood-themed parade
Seafair, the Seattle area's five-week summer festival, continues through Aug. 7. This weekend's Seafair highlights: • Seafair Torchlight...
Northwest travel guides
Seafair, the Seattle area's five-week summer festival, continues through Aug. 7. This weekend's Seafair highlights:
• Seafair Torchlight Parade , Saturday: "Hooray for Hollywood!" is the theme. Look for Seafair Clowns, Seafair Pirates, lighted floats, giant helium balloons, Miss Seafair, marching bands, drill teams and more. Parade begins at 7:30 p.m. from Seattle Center, proceeds south on Fourth Avenue through downtown, ends at Second Avenue and King Street. Free; paid seating available.
• Seafair Torchlight Run, Saturday: An 8K run or 5K run/walk, partly atop the Alaskan Way Viaduct. Starts at 6:30 p.m. just prior to the Torchlight Parade. Starts and finishes near Qwest Field.
• Ballard SeafoodFest , Saturday and Sunday: Celebrate Ballard's maritime history, with food, microbrews, Stan Boreson and more. 22nd Avenue Northwest and Northwest Market Street, Seattle. Free.
• Pista sa Nayon, Sunday: Filipino-American community festival, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. at Seward Park Amphitheater, Seattle. Free.
• Tour de Terrace Festival and parade, Friday-Sunday: Mountlake Terrace community festival, 5K run, car show, at Evergreen Playfield, 22400 56th Ave. W. Parade at 7 p.m. Friday on 56th Avenue West from 234th Street Southwest to 224th Street Southwest. Free.
For more information on Seafair events: 206-728-0123 or www.seafair.com.