Lighted boats parade this weekend
Puget Sound yacht clubs light up their boats for the holiday parade circuit this weekend, along with the Argosy Christmas Ship festival.
Celebrate the season in Northwest style, watching or joining lighted boat parades around the region.
Scope out your spectator spot, or if you want to join a parade, there's still time to string lights port and starboard; many events welcome all boaters.
• Queen City Yacht Club's Chet Gibson Memorial Cruise, started by Captain Chet Gibson in 1941, travels around Lake Union and Lake Washington Friday and Saturday nights starting from Lake Union at 6 p.m.
• Tacoma Yacht Club lights up the waterfront along Ruston Way Friday in Tacoma, 6:30 p.m.
• Bremerton and Poulsbo yacht clubs parade Friday and Saturday nights, 6:10 p.m. both nights in Bremerton, 7:15 p.m. Friday and 6 p.m. Saturday in Poulsbo.
• Rainier Yacht Club's Lighted Boat Cruise starts from Rainier Beach at 6:45 p.m. Saturday, arriving at Gene Coulon Park in Renton at approximately 7:30 p.m.
• Gig Harbor's lighted boat parade is also Saturday, 5-6 p.m.
Argosy's Christmas Ships festival continues through Dec. 23 with stops for holiday music performances around Seattle and in Tacoma, Poulsbo, Des Moines and Kirkland, accompanied by a varying number of decorated boats joining in each night.
Argosy Cruises, Waterways Cruises and the Steamship Virginia V are among the many options for holiday cruising and local boat parades.
For more details on this weekend's boat parades, including routes, search the online Weekend Calendar for "Boats."