Seahawks two-minute drill
Players of the game • Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald caught nine passes for 149 yards, the most by any player against the Seahawks this season.
Players of the game
• Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald caught nine passes for 149 yards, the most by any player against the Seahawks this season. Fitzgerald caught two passes in the fourth quarter and three in overtime.
• Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson blocked his second field-goal attempt of the season and returned a punt 42 yards in the second quarter, setting an NFL record for punt-return yardage by a rookie.
Play of the game
Turns out that the Seahawks' Ricardo Lockette has a juggler's coordination to go along with his track-star speed. In his second game active, the undrafted rookie receiver caught a 61-yard touchdown pass, batting it once as he ran by Cardinals cornerback Marshay Green. The touchdown was the Seahawks' longest play of the season and tied the score 20-20.
Fitzgerald's 26-yard catch on third-and-three in overtime wasn't his most impressive in terms of degree of difficulty. After all, Fitzgerald used both hands to catch the pass despite a pretty stiff hit by Seahawks free safety Earl Thomas. But not only did Fitzgerald hold on to the ball, he stayed on his feet and kept running downfield. Had he dropped the ball, Arizona would have had to punt. Instead, he sustained what turned out to be the game-winning drive.
• Marshawn Lynch didn't score, ending his franchise-record streak of 10 consecutive games with a touchdown.
• The Cardinals rushed for 131 yards, the sixth consecutive game the Seahawks have allowed a triple-digit rushing total. Seattle gave up that many yards rushing in just four of the first 10 games this season.
• The Seahawks have not won an overtime game since 2005.
By the numbers
1,204 rushing yards for Lynch, the 12th highest season rushing total in franchise history.
788 receiving yards by Doug Baldwin, who became first undrafted rookie since the AFL-NFL merger to lead his team in receiving yards.
118 throws without an interception by Tarvaris Jackson, a streak that ended when he was picked off in the first half.
4 consecutive losing seasons for the Seahawks, just the second time that has happened in franchise history.
Cardinals DL Calais Campbell suffered a right ankle injury. Seahawks special-teams player Heath Farwell suffered an injury on second-quarter punt coverage.
"Really disappointed we couldn't get this game done and finished the way we wanted to, God darn it. We were in it." — Seahawks coach Pete Carroll