Skip to main content

Originally published Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM

  • Share:
  • Comments ((0))
  • Print

Jerramy Stevens back in jail, this time in Florida

Jerramy Stevens, a former Huskies and Seahawks tight end, was arrested Wednesday in Florida for investigation of violating his probation.

No comments have been posted to this article.


TAMPA, Fla. — Jerramy Stevens was arrested Wednesday for investigation of violating his probation, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

Stevens, a former tight end for the Washington Huskies and Seattle Seahawks, was arrested Wednesday morning at his Florida home, according to the sheriff's report, and later booked.

Stevens was on probation in Florida, stemming from a October 2010 drug-possession charge. He was playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the time and was arrested near the team hotel after an officer found marijuana in his equipment bag. Stevens was to remain on probation until October 2013.

Ann Howard, spokeswoman for Florida's Department of Corrections, said Stevens' arrest earlier this month for investigation of assault in Kirkland violated his Florida probation. Howard could not say how long Stevens would be held, but in Florida, bail is not an option in instances of parole violation.

Kirkland police identified the victim of the alleged assault as Hope Solo, goalkeeper for the U.S. women's national soccer team. Stevens appeared before a judge in Kirkland Municipal Court on Nov. 13 and was released without being charged, although the case remains under investigation by Kirkland police.

Stevens married Solo the same day he was released from custody.

Solo spoke with the media Tuesday after a workout with the national team in Portland, describing herself as happily married. She said the media blew the incident out of proportion.

"I would never stand for domestic violence," she said. "I've never been hit in my life. ... The truth will prevail."

Stevens' arrest Wednesday is the former Seahawk's latest run-in with the law.

As a senior at River Ridge High School in Lacey in 1998, Stevens faced a felony assault charge that was downgraded to a misdemeanor.

As a sophomore at UW, he was arrested for investigation of sexual assault but never charged. As a junior in 2001, he was cited for reckless driving after crashing into a retirement home and fleeing the scene.

Drafted by the Seahawks in 2002, he was arrested for DUI a year later. He pleaded down to reckless driving.

He was arrested in Arizona in 2007 and later convicted of extreme DUI.

Stevens was signed by the Buccaneers that same year and released by the NFL team after being charged with possession with intent to sell and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Seattle Times staff reporter Danny O'Neil contributed

to this report.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

Relive the magic

Relive the magic

Shop for unique souvenirs highlighting great sports moments in Seattle history.



NDN Video