Players of the game
• Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch rushed 18 times for 100 yards, his fourth consecutive game with a triple-digit rushing total. He ran for 1,590 yards in 16 games this season, the third-highest total in franchise history.
• Rams defensive end Chris Long had three sacks, most by any Seahawks opponent since October 2009.
• Seattle's Russell Wilson passed for a touchdown in the third quarter and scrambled for the winning score with 1:45 left.
Play of the game
Seattle's winning drive almost stopped after just two plays as Lynch lost the ball at his 18. The play resulted in a heck of a dog pile only to have Seattle receiver Golden Tate emerge not only with the ball, but a first down. "My favorite play of the day," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said.
As Seattle faced third-and-five at its 27 with 3:19 left in the fourth quarter, the Rams brought pressure up the gut only to have Wilson duck to evade a rusher, scramble right and throw a perfectly placed pass to Tate for a 44-yard gain.
• Seattle did not score in the first quarter, ending a string of 13 consecutive periods in which it scored at least seven points.
• Wilson was sacked three times in the first quarter, more than he had been sacked in any of the previous five games.
By the numbers
77 Yards and one touchdown nullified by penalties against tight end Anthony McCoy, who was penalized for holding and offensive pass interference.
13 Games in which Seattle scored first this season.
11 Victories for Seattle, its most in any regular season since 2005.
6 Sacks allowed by Seattle against St. Louis.
4 Sacks given up by Seattle in its previous three games.
Rams: LB Rocky McIntosh suffered a concussion in the first half and did not return.
Seahawks: LB K.J. Wright left the game with an injury in the third quarter but returned in the next series and was fine.
"Obviously, we have been winning by a lot in terms of points and everything. To go into the playoffs in a game like that, where you come down to the fourth quarter, the last drive of the game, to finish like we did is great. I think that was huge." — Russell Wilson
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||W, 27-7|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||W, 14-12|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||L, 19-13|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||W, 16-12|
|Oct. 14||N. England||W, 24-23|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||L, 13-6|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||L, 28-24|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||W, 30-20|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||W, 28-7|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||L, 24-21|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||W, 23-17|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||W, 58-0|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||W, 50-17|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||W, 42-13|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||W, 20-13|