Sean Locklear has (very) good reason for missing practice: charity
Posted by Danny O'Neil
• Couple of personnel notes. WR Victor James is not listed on the team's roster, but is back on the field. He was released the day Seattle announced the signing of J.P. Losman. There was an open spot on the roster, however, after Mike Teel was waived.
• Dexter Davis worked out with the linebackers during some of the position drills during Monday's voluntary practice. Davis, a seventh-round draft choice out of Arizona State, is a pass-rushing specialist considered to be sort of a 'Tweener in the NFL. The Seahawks are obviously looking for the variety of roles he may be able to fill because he could also seem time at the LEO position, the pass-rushing specialist where Chris Clemons is currently seen as the starter.
• RB LenDale White is in such good shape that he may actually need to gain weight before the season. He's at 219 pounds, and plans to play at about 228.
• Rookie WR Golden Tate made the catch of the day, leaping over three defenders to catch a deep heave from Charlie Whitehurst.
• RT Sean Locklear was not at practice, which was voluntary. He was appearing at a golf tournament to benefit the Overlake Service League.
• Newly signed J.P. Losman was on the field, participating in the OTA. He is wearing No. 7, meaning the three quarterbacks Seattle appear on the roster in a row with No. 6 (Whitehurst), No. 7 (Losman) followed by No. 8 (Matt Hasselbeck). Losman clarified the pronunciation of his last name. "It's Losman like Los Angeles," he said. A more cynical person than myself would point out that it's also like, "loss."
• CB Kelly Jennings wasn't overmatched when he matched up one-on-one with WR Mike Williams who outweighs Jennings by about 40 pounds. Jennings drove on one out route to break up the pass intended for Williams, nearly picking the ball off.
LB Lofa Tatupu DE E.J. Wilson was held out with a sore shoulder. (My apologies on this one. I mistakenly listed it as Lofa Tatupu initially. It was Wilson to whom Carroll was referring).
• DT Kevin Vickerson has not been practicing because of a sore groin that has nagged him.
Dec 24 - 6:10 AM Looking back: Revisiting Sunday's scouting report
Dec 24 - 1:09 AM Seahawks' scoring binge
Dec 24 - 1:01 AM Video: Summing Seattle's victory
Dec 24 - 12:58 AM Video: Russell Wilson post-game comments
Dec 24 - 12:21 AM Rookie passing roll call