Ben Hamilton watches Wednesday's practice
Posted by Danny O'Neil
Ben Hamilton worked as the second-unit center on Tuesday. He watched Wednesday's practice at one point with an ice bag on his knee. Chester Pitts was on the field, but was limited. Extremely limited, and he also iced the knee after individual drills.
• Safety Jordan Babineaux made a leaping interception of a pass from J.P. Losman, and cornerback Marcus Trufant made a sliding interception of a low throw from Losman, who actually would have been sacked earlier in the play by a stunting Chris Clemons.
• The Seahawks had one of their longest practices of the month, lasting more than two hours. The Seahawks have sought to replicate a regular-season schedule for this week's game so Wednesday's was practice was actually a Thursday in terms of installation.
Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said that this is very similar to the schedule he is accustomed to earlier in his NFL career.
• David Hawthorne and Leroy Hill continue just watching practice.
• With Nick Reed out following knee surgery, Dexter Davis is now the backup Leo, which is the right defensive end spot.
• TE Cameron Morrah was not on the field for the second consecutive day.
Hasselbeck was asked what he could tell us about Mansfield Wrotto, the first-string left tackle with Russell Okung injured.
Well, let's start with the pronunciation.
It's not rot-o, but rather like row-toe.
"My locker is right next to him, I'm next to him every day," Hasselbeck said. "He's a quiet, a real smart guy. He's excited for this opportunity. He's waited a long time and it's a great challenge."
Dec 24 - 6:10 AM Looking back: Revisiting Sunday's scouting report
Dec 24 - 1:09 AM Seahawks' scoring binge
Dec 24 - 1:01 AM Video: Summing Seattle's victory
Dec 24 - 12:58 AM Video: Russell Wilson post-game comments
Dec 24 - 12:21 AM Rookie passing roll call