Advertising

The Seattle Times Company

NWjobs | NWautos | NWhomes | NWsource | Free Classifieds | seattletimes.com

Sports


Our network sites seattletimes.com | Advanced

Originally published Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Comments (0)     E-mail E-mail article      Print Print      Share Share

Sterger lawyer says Favre investigation complete

The NFL has wrapped up its investigation into allegations that Brett Favre sent inappropriate phone messages and photos to a Jets game hostess two years ago, the woman's attorney said Wednesday.

AP Sports Writer

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. —

The NFL has wrapped up its investigation into allegations that Brett Favre sent inappropriate phone messages and photos to a Jets game hostess two years ago, the woman's attorney said Wednesday.

Attorney Joseph Conway said Joe Hummel, the director of investigative services for the NFL's security department, told him the case has been sent to Commissioner Roger Goodell and the league's lawyers for review.

"He told me it's upstairs in the commissioner's office and the lawyers are going over it," said Conway, the lawyer for Jenn Sterger. "I have not been told a timetable as when to expect something and I have not been told what the findings will be."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to discuss details of the case and said "we're not ruling out this week. We're not ruling out next week" in terms of a decision.

Sterger allegedly received the inappropriate messages and photos two years ago when she and the quarterback both worked for the Jets. Favre has declined to address the allegations or the investigation.

Favre spent one season with the Jets in 2008 before joining the Minnesota Vikings last year. The 41-year-old quarterback has said that this will be his last season in the NFL, though he has retired before only to return soon after. Conway reiterated Sterger's desire for the league to announce the findings - and any potential penalties while the NFL still has jurisdiction over him - before the end of the season.

The NFL first announced the investigation in October, just before the Vikings played the Jets.

Sterger did not meet with NFL officials to discuss the case and turn over alleged evidence until Nov. 11, but Conway said it would be unfair to say that was the reason why the investigation has taken so long.

"I think we did things very diligently," Conway said. "We went in just about a month ago. We were kind of under the expectation that that meeting was one of the last things that needed to be done. I'd be disappointed if anybody said that the reason this took so long is because Jenn did not come in right away."

The Sports Business Journal first reported the development.

E-mail E-mail article      Print Print      Share Share

More Sports

NFL, union resume labor talks at mediator's office

UPDATE - 08:52 AM
Hundreds attend funeral for fallen Mich. player

UPDATE - 09:40 AM
Norway's Tarjei Boe wins men's biathlon at worlds

Crying is OK, but admitting it is apparently not

NEW - 08:46 AM
Tripoli ruled unsafe for international soccer

More Sports headlines...

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

Comments
No comments have been posted to this article.

advertising

Video

Advertising

AP Video

Entertainment | Top Video | World | Offbeat Video | Sci-Tech

Marketplace

Advertising