The Seattle Times Web Edition: 50 Years from Trinity

IMAGE: The ruins of Hiroshima
The ruins of Hiroshima smolder one day after the atomic bomb called "Little Boy" was dropped Aug. 6, 1945. The skeletal remains of a domed building, center, now called the Atomic Bomb Dome, have been preserved as a memorial.

Back up

Copyright, 1995, Seattle Times Company