Low-graphic news index |
Monday, February 18, 2013 - Page updated at 08:30 p.m.
What’s open, closed for Presidents Day
Here are some schedule changes and information on what’s open and closed today, the Presidents Day holiday,
Schools are closed Monday. (By the way, the legal name of the federal holiday remains “Washington’s Birthday.”)
Parking on Seattle streets is free.
• Washington State Ferries will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
• Garbage- and recycling-pickup schedules in Seattle and Bellevue are unchanged.
• U.S. post offices are closed. There will be no mail delivery.
• Most banks and credit unions are closed.
• King County government offices will observe Presidents Day and will be closed.
• Most Metro Transit buses will operate on a normal weekday schedule. Water taxis will not operate. Find more information here.
• Garbage collection operates on a normal pickup schedule; transfer stations will be open. Call your garbage-collection service provider for recycling pickup information.
• Sound Transit Link ST Express buses and Sounder trains will be on normal weekday schedules.
• Central Link light-rail trains will be on a Saturday schedule, and the Tacoma Link light rail will be on a Sunday schedule. Check at soundtransit.org for more information.
• Community Transit: Presidents Day is also the first day of Community Transit’s service change. Please check new Bus Plus books or the new schedules online as trip times may have changed from the current schedule. For more information go to communitytransit.org.
On Presidents Day, all local buses, including Boeing service, will operate on their regular schedule.
• Seattle Public Library locations and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed.
• All King County Library System libraries will be closed on Presidents Day.
• Seattle Parks and Recreation community centers and pools will be closed.
Low-graphic news index
Graphic-enabled home page